IT-B BUSINESS ANALYST
The Business Technology Division has a need for a Business Analyst to support an increasing workload of IT projects. The primary responsibilities of this position will be to elicit business and functional requirements from users and sponsors, document and communicate requirements to team members, and propose solutions that meet business needs.
Work with project teams to obtain requirements using facilitation, analytical and observation skills.
- Lead business focus groups in discovery and definition of work flows from start to finish, defining interfaces, value-add steps, decisions, and deliverables of the process .
- Transform and communicate high-level business and user requirements into functional, business and system requirements .
- Work with developers to understand design requirements and validate that software solutions will satisfy business needs.
- Participate in requirement documentation reviews.
- Participate in requirements prioritization .
- Create and deliver User documentation to ensure proper use of changed and newly implemented processes and efforts .
- Effectively plan and conduct transition activities of newly implemented functionality to appropriate customers.
- Assist in functional testing .
- Assist in the creation, coordination and execution of system training for all users .
- Provide status updates, elevate concerns, issues and needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of Business Analyst experience.
- An understanding of requirements gathering, analysis, specification, verification, project management methodologies and the ability to apply them in practice .
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to articulate business solutions.
- Experience working with IT teams to ensure designs are aligned with technical solution strategies.
- Experience with office productivity tools (e.g. Windows, MS Office, MS Project etc).
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of web site and SharePoint site design, development and maintenance.
- Experience with system integration between business applications and technical platforms.