REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Software Development
LOCATION: Seattle, WA
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Join the company’s community in our mission to make life sciences organizations more
productive, competitive and efficient. Make your mark today
- Help establish standards and best practices for database design; consult with development and quality assurance on compliance for database design best practices.
- Support data migration projects, conversions and product upgrades.
- Collaborate with program managers, architects, and developers across companies engineering offices in Seattle, New Zealand, and the Netherlands.
- Implement new functionality and enhancements to existing our solutions.
- Diagnose and solve issues as pertain to data storage and management.
Required experience & qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science, a related degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2, 2012 and 2014, or other relational database.
- Strong technical experience working with relational databases, techniques, denormalized data structures, and ad hoc query/reporting.
- Ability to solve requirements with complex SQL, partitioning/sharding, and scalable database design.
- Advanced understanding of performance tuning and database constraint concepts such as indices, primary keys, and reading query execution plans.
- Strong knowledge of lifecycle management and dev-ops processes in a CI/CD environment and technologies for build/deploy/test/promote/repeat.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze conditions and identify strategies that minimize implementation risk and/or improve system reliability and performance.
- Ability to manage multiple functional and non-functional requirements, such as localization.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with proven ability to communicate complex ideas.
- Experience working in agile environment such as SCRUM or Kanban.
Preferred experience & qualifications
- Domain experience with content management in a regulated environment.
- An ideal candidate will have knowledge of object databases, such as MongoDB, etc.
- Experience working in a collaborative manner in a globally distributed team.
- Knowledge of storage techniques and management of localized content.
- Familiarity with automated database testing.