Physical Therapy Assistant
Reno, NV $58,000 to $68,000
Leading provider of short- and long-term medical and rehabilitation care is seeking a passionate and driven Physical Therapist Assistant / PTA. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career assisting our patients in a time of need, then we are looking for you! Our Physical Therapist Assistants / PTA are the cornerstone to our commitment to caring. Working in the health care environment can be very demanding, and it is our goal to provide the tools to help our Physical Therapist Assistants / PTA understand and commit to the philosophy that defines our culture. Our strength is not just quality of care, but also our quality of caring. We are interested in employing Physical Therapist Assistants / PTA who are as passionate as we are about ensuring that our patients and residents receive the care and support services they need and deserve. Outcomes comparable to and often exceeding those of acute care and rehab hospitals in a more cost-effective setting. You will be using state-of-the-art equipment and clean and spacious rehab gyms.
- Professional growth and opportunities for advancement.
- Flexible scheduling available at select locations.
- Mentorship and growth opportunities.
- Competitive wages.
- Free on-Line CEU Program for full-time/part-time employees (PRN discounted) in addition to in-house CEU’s provided.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Contribute to physical therapist’s effectiveness by identifying patient care issues; providing information and commentary; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physical therapy directives.
- Assess patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying therapy histories.
- Assess abnormal conditions by reviewing physical therapist’s interpretations of patient evaluations and test results.
- Document patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Perform therapeutic procedures by administering manual exercises; instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities; and in using supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
- Instruct and counsel patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Provide continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Maintain production objectives by noting current treatment trends; monitoring actual physical therapy services rendered to production objectives.
- Maintain legal and accreditation compliance by adhering to policy positions concerning federal, state, and local regulations, and jacho standards; anticipating emerging issues.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances physical therapy and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- New grad or experienced.
- Can provide sponsorship.
- SNFs, Rehabcare, Genesis, etc. experience a plus.