Senior Management Systems Analyst
Our client is embarking upon a reimplementation of its PeopleSoft Financial System (Summit Re-implementation or SRI). This is a multi-year project that will transform and standardize financial reporting, accounting practices, citywide policies and procedures and business process of our business. This involves an upgrade from PeopleSoft 8.8 to version 9.2.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to gain exposure to a range of divisions within the Department while being part of a transformational change initiative.
This position will work closely with the Sr. Project Manager of the SRI Readiness team, the Fleet Management Division (FMD – responsible for acquisition, maintenance, and disposition of all vehicles), and key members of ABS such as Accounting Manager and Budget Manager.
This position will report to the Sr. Project Manager and assist in financial system design and implementation. Further, the role will participate in evaluating system effectiveness, devising efficient methods of accomplishing work, and will recommend solutions to resolve problems.
Problem Solving and Support
Operational Management Responsibilities
- Participate in Department Readiness team meetings representing Budget and Rates Unit; provide status updates and assist other team members with problem solving. Provide backfill to Budget and FMD staff in activities such as fleet services billing, reviewing reports, responding to information requests, and analyzing data.
System Planning & Design
- Participate in system user groups driving the design, development, and implementation of SRI for budget and rates.
- Collaborate with business analysts on the SRI team to lead the effort to update/integrate the existing Fleet. Anywhere application (an Oracle-based enterprise fleet management system) and the existing Budget.
- System (an in-house, Access-database tool) with PeopleSoft 9.2.
- Identify related system/user roles for FAS staff.
- Support analysis of citywide billing procedures being modified or implemented as a result of SRI for FMD, budget and rates.
- Assess and recommend alternatives for impacted billing, budget and rates procedures.
- Assess impact of department-wide options to rates and recommend alternatives for going-forward solutions, including guidelines for migration to the new, project-centric accounting model being rolled out with SRI.
- Document and analyze future state billing and rates-making process and practices.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of budget data management tools, processes, and procedures, and recommend updates as necessary.
- Align and coordinate with the Central Project Team to document tests of system functionality for fleet services billing, and budget and rates. Involve users from the ABS accounting team and FMD in testing processes.
- Assess the impact of SRI changes to existing budget reports; recreate budget reports as needed.
- Provide recommendations and content for budget team training; participate in training delivery as needed.
Business Process Redesign
- Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, finance, computer science, or a related field.
- Three years of work experience in systems, operations, procedures, budget/rates, or research/analysis.
A combination of education, training, and/or work experience that provides an equivalent background to perform the work may be considered.
- Strong work experience in large and complex Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), financial/accounting systems, work order systems; experience with PeopleSoft financial system a plus.
- Experience in public-sector budget, rates, and/or accounting highly desired.
- Experience with complex information management system and proficiency using SQL query and reporting tools highly desired.
- Demonstrated strong technical proficiency in software applications, including Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, SharePoint, Crystal reports, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; ability to work closely with other finance professionals, management, other divisions, and City Departments, and to present complex material to varied audiences.
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to work under pressure on multiple, complex projects simultaneously; ability to shift work priorities quickly and work independently.
- Strong analytical skills, including experience with financial and variance analysis.
- Business knowledge of Fleets management.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).