Senior Manager PMO Office
Position Overview & Description
This Senior Manager directs and oversees the Project Management Office (PMO) to ensure programs and projects meet organizational goals and objectives. The PMO is comprised of the following functions: Program & Project Management, Business Analysis, and Organizational Change Management. This individual will be responsible for designing and delivering services in each of these functional areas. This Senior Manager will be responsible for the development, maintenance, and advancement of policies, processes, and capabilities. This Executive partners with other department leaders to define and develop projects and programs.
The selected candidate must be client focused and able to lead, guide, and develop a team of highly capable project managers, interact with both non and highly technical people, and work across the team helping to deliver scalable, sustainable solutions critical to effective public service. As a leader of the IT PMO you will assist in creating an environment that is client focused where teamwork is paramount and results are measured.
Operational Management Responsibilities
- Direct and oversee the Project Management Office (PMO) to ensure IT programs and projects meet organization goals and requirements as well as intended benefits.
- Build an efficiently sized, high-functioning project management team to serve diverse set of business domains.
- Develop and implement PMO processes and policies, direct project management staff, and work with other department leaders to define, prioritize, and develop projects and programs.
- Review and approve project proposals and budget estimates for all projects.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Develop formal methodologies for defining project key performance metrics and allocating resources.
- Assess overall quality of project management deliverables of Project Management Office staff, including Cost Management, Communications Management; Project Quality Management, Project Time Management, Project.
- Scope Management, Project integration management, Project Human Resource Management, Project Risk Management and Project Procurement Management.
- Develop and execute against PMO maturity roadmap via capability development, quality improvements, cost of service optimization, engagement streamlining, and services refinement.
Supervisory and Advisory Responsibilities
- Responsible for career development, performance management and performance review process for Program/Project Managers and Business Analysts.
- Provide oversight and guidance for project management staff by developing or modifying work plans, assigning and distributing work, providing work instruction, resolving problems encountered during daily operations, and providing input for the performance enhancement plan.
- Lead program/project teams to develop and gain approval of project plans, which outline the objectives of the project, scope of work, and project elements, including: schedule, project deliverables, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing staff requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of projects.
- Provide oversight and guidance over the development and monitoring of project budgets complex in nature, taking into consideration potential for multiple funding streams; allocates resources and tracks and approves expenditures; prepare reports detailing the status of the project budget and compliance to any requirements as specified by funding sources.
- Ensure technical proficiency and productivity of project management staff and arrange training as necessary.
Relationships Management Responsibilities
- Develop relationships with and ensure appropriate participation of key stakeholders and executives.
- Serve as the primary contact for business relationship for project management services and practices.
- Develop, negotiate, implement and monitor contracts, ensuring conformance to approved plans and contract specifications; follow prospective contracts throughout the review process, and coordinate actions for breach of contract situations.
- Provide communications on services, utilization, engagement, accomplishments, overall value-add to the organization.
NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered for the required qualifications.
- Expert level program/project management and business analysis skills and proficiencies in related methodologies, with a minimum of 10 years successfully managing IT projects of “high complexity” as reflected in: size of project, cost of the project, size of project team, depth and breadth of project manager role & responsibility, span of project impact (i.e., enterprise-wide, multi-departmental, or having a major market or external impact).
- BA or advanced degree relevant to Management Information Systems, Systems Development, or Project Management (or equivalent alternative).
- 7+ years of team lead and/or IT management experience.
- 5+ years in technology service delivery roles.
- 2+ years of profit and loss responsibility and budget forecasting.
- High degree of emotional intelligence (EQ), excellent leadership, business acumen, and political awareness.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to influence stakeholders, and drive decisions to closure; adept at moving executive and senior management to action.
- ITSM (IT Service Management) knowledge.
- Prior experience writing request for proposals (RFP’s) and working with third-party vendors in contracting, acquisition and/or development of solutions.
- Experience managing projects using agile and waterfall Software Development Lifecycles (SDLC).
- Experience within government/public sector.
- Strong problem solving and issue resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities while proactively communicating status and issues to stakeholders.
- Professional Certification in Project Management (PMP preferred).
- Professional Certification in Service Management (ITIL preferred).
- Passion to mentor staff, and demonstrated ability to inspire and create a high-performance culture.
- Experience providing regular reports on achievements and metrics related to performance.
- 3+ years IT consulting experience.