Sr. Business Analyst
This position will work closely with the Senior Project Manager, other members of the Readiness team, and ABS Leadership to plan and execute the department’s pre-implementation, implementation and post implementation efforts associated with the Summit Re-implementation project. The analysts will report to the Senior Project Manager.
This is a business-focused role. The ideal candidate will be someone with experience engaging a team of business/process owners, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and end users, and who is comfortable partnering with the technical implementation teams.
Together with the other members of the leadership team, this position will be addressing the portion of the Our SRI project that is related to the FAS Department. The focus of the Business Analysts’ efforts will include business process analysis and design, the people side of change management (partnering with and engaging key department stakeholders in design, test, and implementation activities) as well as side systems readiness. Each BA will likely play a lead role in one of the following key areas: people, process, or systems readiness.
FAS supports a diverse array of operations. Examples include managing the our finance, payroll, risk management, contracting, purchasing, customer service operations, providing vehicles, facilities services, construction management, regulatory, consumer services (such as the Animal Shelter), and many others. This position will work both at a strategic level, to help build out the project team and define effective strategies across FAS, as well as playing a hands-on role in analysis, design, testing and rollout activities.
Representative of the CEO, the EA is a direct liaison to the leadership, senior management team, and other key staff.
- Assist in the development of key reports and other analytics, dashboards for CEO to help in the overall management of leadership and senior management team.
- Assist in coordinating leadership and senior management team members to ensure goals, objectives, milestones and timelines are on track. Ensuring changes are clearly communicated, and approaches are revised as needed.
- Assist in identifying and creating qualitative or quantitative measures of success and failure. Basic ability to select key parameters and monitor progress, provide updates of performance, and plot trends over time.
- Market research, analytics, market trends to assist CEO in business building, development and expansion work.
- Project management support. Communication with internal and external team members.
- Collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations to CEO.
- Initiate, facilitate meetings and appointments in coordination with CEO’s executive assistant. Supports Executive Director with key business initiatives in downstream execution tracking, tactical communication, key metric tracking, and utilizing big data to perform predictive analytics that will improve on our clients’ products.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between executive office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, finance, information systems or a related field. A combination of education, training and/or experience that provides an equivalent background required to perform the work of this position may be considered.
- Three years of experience utilizing a complex accounting or financial information system or performing business analysis, project management, systems readiness, and/or organizational change management for a complex enterprise system implementation.
- Demonstrated experience as a change agent in a complex and decentralized environment.
- Strong leadership skills to influence others and move toward a common vision across functional teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels throughout the organization.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a resource constrained environment.
- Strong working experience with enterprise systems.
- Strong conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills with the desire to work in a constantly evolving and pressure filled environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently and to successfully meet deadlines.
- Strong accounting, business process redesign, project management, data analysis and enterprise system reporting skills.
- Demonstrated strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint. SQL or SharePoint a plus.
- Ability to create new tools and adapt to existing project tools that will be used to perform work.
- Change management and process redesign experience.
- At least 5 years of experience as a business lead of a financial Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) module e.g. General Ledger, Project Costing etc. as part of an implementation project or ongoing support capaour. Broad understanding of financial mega processes such as Procure to Pay, Record to Report, Order to Cash, etc.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license or other professional certification.
- Prior PeopleSoft Financials or other ERP experience.
- Experience implementing a large scale financial management systems for a public sector organization.
- Experience with existing Summit financial system and associated policies, procedures in FAS or ABS a plus.
This is a temporary term-limited assignment that may last up to three years.
Applicants will be reviewed as they apply and we reserve the right to hire at any time and close the process.