The Sr. Scheduler is responsible for creating and maintaining the project schedule and providing detailed time analysis to Project Managers/Engineer.
- Create and manage the schedules used in the bid preparation process.
- Ability to handle large project schedules with multiple activities and integrate to or from other owner or joint venture partner schedules.
- Perform take-off of quantities and activities from construction drawings or other documents for creation of construction schedule .
- Create and maintain construction schedules based on specific requirement from multiple departments .
- Meet with owners or joint venture partners to develop schedules.
- Ability to populate schedule with resource and cost information .
- Update, maintain and revise monthly and weekly schedules and reports .
- Compare, and report on comparisons of monthly schedules:
- Changes .
- Delays .
- Identify warnings and risks to the project for the purpose of mitigating the impact of these risks.
- Analyze monthly schedules and prepare reports for the purpose of dispute resolution issue.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering or related discipline.
- At least 10 years’ experience in heavy civil or general engineering construction required.
- Advanced knowledge in scheduling software is required, including P6 scheduling software, Microsoft.
- Project, Pertmaster (or similar).
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings.
- Experience with large transportation projects (roadways, bridges, airports, etc.).
- Excellent technical and mathematical abilities.
- Proficiency in excel and word software programs.